Our local authority client based in Cambridgeshire are urgently seeking an experienced Database Analyst.
To support and manage the configuration, capacity, security and availability of the database environments supported by LGSS to ensure that they operate reliably, securely, efficiently and meet the requirements of the Service Level agreements.
1. Specify, plan and implement deployments and amendments to ensure that the LGSS supported database environments continue to meet changing business and legislative requirements.
2. Monitor the production usage of the LGSS supported database environments, recommending enhancements to ensure effective and efficient use of computer resources.
3. Manage and control the test and production Oracle and MS SQL Server environments, including where applicable, user administration, library management, data-dictionary, program migrations and security profiles, to ensure a responsive but secure service is maintained
4. Investigate, diagnose and resolve complex technical problems, working with users and third party suppliers as appropriate to ensure that agreed levels of service, quality and security are maintained at all times.
5. Implement and monitor quality assurance procedures and standards for database environments and other technical aspects of database administration to ensure the quality and reliability of the delivered product
6. Manage small projects, and work packages within larger projects, to ensure successfully delivery to the agreed scope, time-scale and budget.
7. Provide advice, consultancy and support to members of LGSS, retained organisations and 3rd parties on technical aspects of Oracle and MS SQL Server to ensure that the best design decisions are made
8. Contribute to the strategic planning of the database applications to ensure that the systems will continue to run smoothly
Please apply with your updated CV ensuring that any gaps in employment are explained.
At this point, may we take this opportunity to thank you for the interest you have shown in this role. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, it is not always possible to respond to everyone. Therefore, unless you hear from us within the next 7 days, your application for this vacancy will have been unsuccessful